Refried beans tacos
- 1 lb dried pinto beans
- 2 teaspoons Flavors of Mexico
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups water
- 1.5 teaspoon Murray River Salt
1. Sort through the beans to ensure that they are good.
2. Rinse with water in a strainer to clean.
3. Add the beans and the minced garlic to a large pot or pan.
4. Pour the water in. Beans should be fully submerged in water.
5. Bring water to boil, then turn the heat to low and continue to simmer covered.
6. Cook for about 1.5 hours, stirring every half hour, until beans are soft.
7. Once the beans are soft, remove the lid and continue to cook uncovered until all water is absorbed.
8. Mash the beans to desired consistency and add Flavors of Mexico and Murray River Salt.
9. If beans are not as soft as desired add more water! Stir to combine.
10. Once you get the texture right, put the refried beans into your taco. Add some fresh vegetables, salsa or sour cream to taste.
11. Serve warm and enjoy!