Mexican Sweet Potato Poutine
Posted on June 19 2017 by Antonia Tüxen
Crispy sweet potato chips covered with creamy sour cream and spicy guacamole. YUMMY!
Ingredients for 2 portions:
• 3 pinches Just Spices Spicy Garlic Blend
• 2 sweet potatoes
• 4 tbsp coconut oil
• 4 tsp starch
• 1 avocado
• 1 lime ( 1 tbsp lime juice )
• 1 pinch Just Spices Guacamole Seasoning
• 2 tbsp sour cream
• 1 spring onion
• 2 tomatoes
• 1 bunch cilantro
• salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 460 degrees F ( 240 degrees C ). Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into fries. First soak and then dab them dry. Blend the starch with the Spicy Garlic Blend and roll the potatoes in it. Then add the oil.
2. Line a tray with baking paper and put the fries on it. It’s important that they don’t touch each other. Bake them for 10-15 minutes, then turn them around and bake them again for approximately 10-15 minutes until they’re ready. Turn down the heat and let the fries remain there for further 10 minutes. Like that the steam can escape and the fries become even crispier.
3. Let’s continue by preparing the guacamole. Peel the avocado and remove the pit. Blend it together with the Guacamole Seasoning and the lime juice. Roughly chop half of the cilantro and add it. Season it with salt & pepper.
4. Rinse the tomatoes and cut them into fine cubes and the spring onion into rings. Serve the fries in a bowl and top them with the guacamole, tomatoes, spring onions, sour cream and the remaining cilantro.