Posted on April 20 2017 by Antonia Tüxen
Plan your Cinco de Mayo feast with our tasty Mexican quesadillas. Your guests will love it!
For the filling:
- 3 pinches Just Spices Guacamole Seasoning
- 2 avocados
- 1 bunch coriander
- 200 g grated cheese
- 1 bunch spring onions
- Red chili peppers (depends on taste)
For the tortillas (approx. 10 pieces):
- 225 g wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 40 g butter
- 110 ml lukewarm water
For the salsa:
- 400 g ripe tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 lime
- 1 small onion
- Some coriander
1. Firstly, you prepare the delicious salsa: Wash the tomatoes and mix half of them in a blender. From the rest of the tomatoes, you remove the core. After you add it to the other tomatoes in the blender. Mix it well. Put the mixture in a pot. Now, remove the core of the jalapeño and chop them together with the onions. Add the jalapeño and the onion to the tomato mixture. Season the mixture with limejuice, salt, and pepper. Now chop the coriander roughly and add it to the salsa. The salsa gets the best flavor when you let it rest for a few hours.
2. Now you prepare the tortilla dough: Sift the flour together with the salt in a bowl, add the butter and mix it with the flour. Slowly add the lukewarm water. The amount of water can vary according to the flour. Knead thw dough until it no longer sticks. Form small dough balls of approx. 20-25 g. Press these flat with a noodle wood and roll them out very thinly . Put the flat dough balls now in a very hot coated pan and fry the balls on each side for approx. 30 sec.
3. For the filling, you first need to peel the avocado. Remove the stone and cut the avocado in thin slices. Now clean the spring onions and cut them in thin rings. Chop roughly the coriander and remove the seeds from the red chili peppers. Cut the chilies in thin rings. Put one tortilla in the coated pan and add some of the cheese, avocado slices as well as the spring onions and chilies. Season the quesadilla with our Guacamole Seasoning. Now cover the filling with a second tortilla and bake it for approx. 2 minutes and turn it around once. Be careful! The pan shouldn’t be too hot otherwise the tortillas might burn.